Location: Hong Kong - the successful applicant will be required to work direct on site with clients in Hong Kong.
The transformation Program Director is responsible for leading the programme of change, working closely with the Executive team, to successfully deliver the strategic benefits, across a complex business landscape.
Responsible for day-to-day leadership of the transformation programme for a strategic client in the Property Development Industry, involving multiple business functions (Commercial Property, Residential Property, Property Management, Finance, IT) and impacting multiple regional locations (China + SE Asia). The successful candidate will support the ongoing refinement of the business goals and initiatives designed to realise them, providing challenge and advice on implementation approaches and options.
The Transformation Program Director will play an active role in guiding the Transformation efforts on behalf of the CEO and CFO
- Leads the transformation programme to deliver the benefits of the business strategy.
- Works with the Executive team to further define, scope and articulate the details behind the strategy to enable successful implementation.
- Oversees the development, management and adherence to an integrated programme plan.
- Provides direction to Programme Managers and project teams to enable timely delivery against agreed milestones.
- Designs and manages programme governance to achieve coherent decision-making, effective management of programme risks and integration of transformation initiatives into business as usual.
- Oversees the preparation, review and reporting of project progress against: (i) agreed milestones; and (ii) achievement of benefits against strategy-driven targets; providing timely reporting to relevant parties and the Board.
- Identifies and recommends re-alignment of programme plan, where appropriate, to assure delivery of stated benefits, or accommodate new requirements.
- Holds the business to account for delivery of agreed initiatives/outputs.
- Ensures the development of effective communication plans that addresses all key stakeholders e.g. staff, jv partners, board, shareholder, suppliers, etc.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of the business transition plan to achieve future state stability, whilst minimising risk to current operations and commercial objectives.
- Identifies and calls out emerging risks and potential roadblocks to successful implementation early.
- Identifies and puts in place plans to address concerns and issues of stakeholders in implementation of initiatives and transition to future state stability.
- Promotes new thinking, creative solutions and ways of working to address issues and mitigate risks.
- Initiates and facilitates deep dive reviews, where appropriate, of ‘at risk’ projects to identify and address issues and effectively mitigate risks that threaten the achievement of the overall transformation goals.
- Reviews strategic direction at regular intervals and proposes course-correcting actions where appropriate.
- Significant and proven experience leading multi-function, multi-locational transformation programmes, with high complexity.
- Strategic consulting skills coupled with significant experience developing and implementing transformational business strategies.
- Experience in the property development sector would be advantageous
- Leadership excellence, combined with highly tuned interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Effective management of stakeholder interests across a complex organisational structure, including joint ventures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing business cases, programme plans, managing multi-million dollar programme budgets and implementation strategies.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and a deep understanding of how Property Development works.
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness.
- Creative thinking and problem analysis.
- Credibility and confidence working at senior levels in the organisation; comfortable working with C-suite executives across the range of business functions.
- Demonstrable evidence of the ability to not only take over and own an account but work within the account to develop and expand the scope of the engagement.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Key Candidate Requirements -
- The successful candidate but be fluent in English.
- Experience of working in Asia Pacific
- Experience working with C-level clients.
- Ability to build relationships in a political environments.
- Experience on client transformation programs rolling out sales and marketing initiatives.
The role holder is likely to be degree qualified, preferably with a Masters/MBA and with appropriate professional qualifications / experience in Programme/Transformation Management or will come from a strategic management consulting background with the ability to implement.