Are you looking for a flexible work environment where you are part of a supportive team?
Part-time or full-time
Remote working options
Salary dependent on level of experience
We are currently seeking an experienced Ecologist. This is a permanent full-time or part-time position, with some flexibility on location, to work as part of the Ecology team on a wide-range of EIA and non-EIA developments throughout the UK, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, with short and long-term scope and support to develop your career in a number of directions, including multi-disciplinary knowledge.
The role will suit someone who has at least some practical experience in producing EcIA’s and EPS licence applications, such that full support and training can be provided, where required.
The role will be part site-based, and part office-based, will involve the undertaking of habitat and species survey work, management and training of other in-house ecologists, and coordination of sub-contractors.
Good communication and organisation skills are essential, as are a practical approach to solving problems and proficiency in using MS Word and Excel.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have a skillset which includes at least some of the following:
- Relevant practical experience;
- Be a full member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. MCIEEM);
- Extended Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys experience;
- PEAR and EcIA production experience;
- Hold a protected species survey licence;
- Protected species mitigation scheme and development licence application experience;
- Commercial awareness and good client-consultant relationship management;
- Applied knowledge of practical and legal aspects of ecology;
- Excellent report-writing and proofing skills; and/or
- Practical use of GIS software.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
If you feel that this position can match your skills, experience and future career development then contact the team without delay.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent