WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
We are a diverse international team of extremely talented and capable individuals who work together to exceed the clients' expectations, on every element of every contract. It's our #Changemakers that have made the Renoir Group the success that it is today. As a business with an instinct for delivery and improvement, Renoir is always aware that we must constantly look towards the future and develop the talent that will drive the business forward. It's vital to recruit, develop, reward and inspire the people whose ideas, ambitions and energy constantly refresh Renoir's competitive edge.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of Renoir’s Data CoE, the Data Engineer (DE) will serve to develop databases and data processing pipelines to enable predictive analytics, data science, and business intelligence for our clients.
The Data Engineer will also have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
- To succeed in this role, the DE should know how to work with key stakeholders, BA / Data Analyst, and development teams to analyse and define technical solutions to meet business and non-functional requirements.
- Design, development and testing of:
- ETL and data processing pipelines
- Data Warehouse / DataMart’s / dimensional models
- Logical and physical database schemas, indexes, views, cubes etc.
- SQL queries and stored procedures
- Azure infrastructure and services and other platforms such as AWS, GCP, Ali Cloud, etc.
- Production implementations of analytic algorithms
- Assist in creation and support of analytic, BI, and reporting processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
We work hard, play hard and excel at what we do, every time. Get results, see the world, are challenged, and have fun. Watch the waves as you work at clients’ deep-water oil platforms in the middle of the ocean. Escape the sweltering heat, working deep in a mine. Look out at cities from towering offices, being built by our clients… and 9 times out of 10, you’ll be flying back and forth to get there.
We offer competitive salary structures, fast track career progression, based on your capabilities, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop yourself both professionally and personally.
- Responsible for analysing, building and optimizing the data infrastructure and data pipeline along with Renoir’s clients.
- Support clients to potentially migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions to align the system architecture with business requirements along with enabling the delivery of Renoir’s data solutions.
- Support the design of conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Connect all clients’ data sources into Renoir’s data solution (third-party vendor).
- Analyse clients complete system landscape and specific system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data and/or consolidation of data into data warehouse cubes with the support of direct interfaces or API’s where applicable.
- Support clients to improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements. Optimize new and current database systems. Define security and backup procedures.
- Develop database solutions to ensure clients’ information is stored effectively and securely.
- Provide the foundations and support clients to set in place the tools for continuously monitoring and testing system interfaces to ensure optimized performance and security.
- Analyse structural requirements for new solutions and applications that might be required for Renoir’s clients.
- Quantify benefit potential of Data Analytics solutions using ROI frameworks to aid in prioritization of development and definition with the client.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Exposure and experience in modern data technologies and cloud
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working in ETL / ELT tools: Talend, Informatica, SSIS
- Data warehousing skills (Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP and other cloud tools and services.
- Good working knowledge of productivity tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with various messaging and stream processing
- Hands-on development with key technologies including Python, Spark, and other relevant distributed computing languages, frameworks, and libraries is a plus
- Familiar with analytics software tools such as Alteryx, PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience with DevOps and DataOps tools and environment.
- Preference would be given to immediate starter
- Prefer Singaporeans or PR holder.